Can I use a baby wipe on my cat?
40 Surprising and Unexpected Ways to Use Baby Wipes (for Adults!)
Here’s something you might not know… Baby wipes aren’t just for babies!
Can adults use baby wipes? Absolutely!
You can use baby wipes to clean kitchen counters or to wipe down the inside of your car. You may be surprised at how versatile these disposable wet wipes are. You may even continue buying them after your baby outgrows diapers because they’re so convenient to have on hand. We seriously love them!
Here’s a list of 40 ways you can use baby wipes that have nothing to do with soiled diapers.
Baby Wipe Uses for Personal Care
Baby wipes should be part of your personal care supply. Here are a bunch of reasons they’re a cost-effective and versatile product to always have on hand.
- Remove makeup: Less expensive than a makeup remover wipe, but just as effective in removing foundation from your face.
- Improve a manicure and pedicure: Use baby wipes to clean up excess nail polish or wipe away any mistakes.
- Clean up hair dye stains: A quick swipe of a baby wipe will clean off any hair dye that gets on your hairline and neck during your DIY dye job at home.
- Control flyaway hairs: If your hair is being uncooperative, a baby wipe will do the trick, especially if you don’t have any hairspray at home.
- Wipe away oil and shine: If you have an oily face, a baby wipe can help control shine with a gentle blot on your problem areas.
- Remove tanning lotion stains: Did you overdo the tanning lotion a bit? Or apply it unevenly? No worries — run a baby wipe over the areas that are too dark and you’ll be good to go!
- Cool down: During the hot summer months, we recommend keeping a packet of baby wipes in your refrigerator. Nothing feels better than a cool refreshing baby wipe on your face when you come in from sweltering heat and humidity.
Baby Wipe Uses for the Kitchen and Bathroom
The nursery isn’t the only place to stash baby wipes. Having them in the kitchen and bathroom will make clean-up a lot easier!
- Clean surfaces: Wipe off counters and other surfaces in the kitchen and bathroom in between deep cleans so your home always looks spotless.
- Mop your floor: Attach it to a mop handle and shine up your floors. They’re gentle enough to use on almost all flooring types in your kitchen and bathroom.
- Clean appliances: Baby wipes are perfect for wiping down your refrigerator (inside and outside, including the door handles), microwave, oven, stove, and dishwasher. They’re also great for wiping down small kitchen appliances like your Instant Pot, air fryer, slow cooker, food processor, toaster oven, and coffee machine.
- De-grease pots and pans: The texture of the baby wipe can help loosen or remove stubborn grease before you hand wash pans or put them into the dishwasher.
- Wipe down your trash can: Even if you always use a trash can liner, food bits and stains can still leak or splatter on the inside of the bin. Give it a wipe down every so often so it doesn’t start to smell.
Baby Wipe Uses for Cleaning
It’s not just the kitchen and bathroom that can benefit from baby wipes. Here’s a list of ways you can use baby wipes for general cleaning all over your house.
- Dust furniture: Baby wipes are a great way to capture dust on coffee tables, side tables, book shelves, etc. The dust sticks to the wet wipe so won’t get everywhere.
- Wipe down light switches and door handles: Any high-touch points should be frequently cleaned throughout your house.
- Freshen up houseplants: Brighten up your home garden with baby wipes! They are gentle and non-toxic so are perfect for dusty leaves.
- Clean cobwebs: Attach a baby wipe to the end of a mop or broom (or insert it into the holes of a Swiffer) and use it to clear cobwebs.
- Remove stains: Rub a baby wipe on a stain to help remove it (or at least keep it from setting). This works on clothing (goodbye deodorant and makeup stains!), sheets, carpet, and sofas.
- Clean walls: Do you have a little Picasso drawing masterpieces on your walls? Baby wipes can get rid of most crayon and paint stains without ruining the paint job.
- Wipe down plastic toys: This is especially helpful if you have young kids who like to put toys in their mouth.
- Polish leather: A gentle wipe can help improve the look of leather couches, shoes, and jackets!
- Clean your screens: Everything from your smartphone and tablet to your laptop and television will benefit from a gentle wipedown with baby wipes if you don’t have lens or screen wipes available.
- Wipe down remote controls: Most people know to wipe down their phones daily, but very few people regularly wipe down their television remote control. That thing is nasty, especially if you like to snack and channel surf at the same time.
- Wipe down muddy shoes and boots: Use baby wipes to wipe off dirt and grime so dirty shoes and boots don’t track mud into your home.
- Clean your pets: Wipe the dirt and mud off your dog’s paws or clean up shedded fur with baby wipes.
Baby Wipe Uses for your Home Office or Virtual School Area
Currently, millions of professionals are working from home and millions of children are learning from home, whether it be homeschooling or virtual learning. Here are some ways that baby wipes can be used to keep things spic and span so your family can focus on working and learning.
- Wipe off desks and chairs: Baby wipes are good for cleaning up any messes or getting rid of dust.
- Clean phones, laptops, keyboards, computer screens, and mouses.
- Clean dry erase board and chalk boards: A dry eraser can only do so much. On Fridays, use a baby wipe to get these boards extra clean so they’re ready to go the following Monday.
- Clean up arts and crafts: Spilled glue? No problem. Paint splatters? No big deal.
Baby Wipe Uses for your Car
Keep a packet of baby wipes in your glove compartment so you always have some on hand for dusting or any unexpected messes.
- Dust the interior of your car: Wipe down the steering wheel, cup holders, dashboard, doors, and windows.
- Clean off any bird droppings. It’s happened to all of us.
- Wipe your hands after fueling up your car at the gas station.
- Have them handy for messes in case you spill coffee or food in the car (or in case your kids do)!
Baby Wipe Uses during Travel and Vacation
Baby wipes should be on the packing list anytime you travel. If you’re flying, make sure they’re in your carry-on bag. If you’re road-tripping, make sure they’re within arms reach in the front of the car (not in the trunk).
- Clean off sand at the beach. Wipe off sunscreen with ease.
- Wipe down airplane seats and tray tables.
- Clean hands before and after eating on a plane, in a car, at the beach, etc.
- Wipe down toilet seats and handles in public restrooms.
- During a camping trip, use baby wipes in place of a shower to freshen up, to clean hands before and after meals, and to wash dishes (scrub with a baby wipe then rinse with water).
Baby Wipe Uses at the Gym
A pack of wipes should always be in your gym bag. If your gym doesn’t offer wet wipes, baby wipes will be helpful!
- Wipe down gym equipment before and after using. This includes treadmills, ellipticals, spin bikes, as well as weightlifting equipment.
- Wipe down your yoga mat, especially if it’s a shared one from the gym.
- Clean the sweat off your face and body with a refreshing baby wipe after a tough workout if you can’t shower right away.
Baby Wipes are Awesome Anytime, Anywhere
One last thing before we wrap this up… when selecting a baby wipe for your non-baby, cleaning, wiping, dusting, stain removal needs, be sure to pick a plant-based natural wipe like the Nice ‘N CLEAN® brand. A friendly reminder that baby wipes should never be flushed down the toilet and should be thrown away after a single use for hygienic and sanitary reasons.
Baby Wipes for Dogs – Safety, Top Products, Reviews & FAQ
This page may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links.
Bathing a dog can be such a hassle, ask any dog owner! Some people take the easy way and use baby wipes for dogs. While wipes aren’t an alternate for baths, they work wonders for surface level dirt after a quick walk in the park.
There’s this common misconception that baby wipes for pets are an excellent alternative to baths. However, some baby wipes may not be safe for your canine due to various reasons.
Can you use baby wipes for your dog?
Most people assume that since they’re made for sensitive skin, they must be safe for dogs as well. However, that’s not always true. Baby wipes contain certain chemicals that may not be safe dog your dog’s skin/fur. In fact, most baby wipes in the market aren’t safe for dogs and cats.
While we don’t wholeheartedly recommend this, you can get away with using baby wipes for dog fur sparingly. If you do have to use them though, try buying ones that are odor-free, chemical-free, and designed for sensitive skin.
Pro tip: avoid using them around your dog’s face and eyes, as these areas tend to be more sensitive to harmful ingredients. We recommend choosing one from this list of safe baby wipes.
What are the risks of using baby wipes for dogs?
While they have a similar function, dog wipes and baby wipes are made with very different materials. Let’s see why baby wipes are harmful to dogs:
- Different pH levels: The pH level of human skin is 5.5, much lower than the pH levels of dogs. Baby wipes disrupt the natural pH level of a dog’s skin. This can cause irritation, rashes, and makes the skin susceptible to bacterial infections.
- Harmful Chemicals: Baby wipes use various chemicals for quick absorption and drying, fragrance, and other benefits. These chemicals may be safe for babies but aren’t good for your dog’s skin. For example, propylene glycol, derived from anti-freeze, is toxic for dogs.
- Dogs lick their skin: This shouldn’t come as surprise, but unlike babies, dogs lick their skin and may ingest some chemicals used in baby wipes.
Alternates for dog wipes
Using DIY solutions to clean your dog is a much better option. We recommend using plain towels and running water. They’re easy to use and best utilized when your dog gets dirty but doesn’t require a bath. For instance, these wipes are excellent dog paw cleaners after playtime in the backyard. They can also be used as wipes for dog fur when you need to clean surface level dirt/mud.
In fact, you could do one better by adding dog shampoo to the water. This will help keep a healthy skin and remove excess oil and germs. However, the best dog wipes are designed specifically for dogs. They can be disposed of easily, use ingredients that maintain healthy skin/fur, and keep your dog’s pH levels in check.
Can you use dog wipes instead of bathing your dog?
The simple answer is no. Baths help clean out bad odor, dirt, germs, and ticks inside the fur. While wipes can remove surface-level dirt, they can’t reach deep within the fur or intricate areas.
Dogs also need baths to remove scaling, dryness, and revitalize their fur. Dogs bathed using dog shampoo help maintain their pH levels, give their coat shine, and prevent skin infections. In addition to regular shampoo, we recommend using a hypoallergenic conditioner to counter after-shampoo dryness
Different breeds will require different products. Dogs with dense fur need shampoos with special ingredients to clean up their fur. Similarly, the frequency of baths can also vary between a few times a month to once every few months. However, these instructions are for dogs with healthy skin and coat. Dogs with skin conditions require medicated baths and prescribed shampoo/conditioners.
How to pick the best dog wipes for your dog?
You can find dozens of brands in the market, but not all are suitable for dogs. Therefore, this section aims to discuss the materials and ingredients used in the best pet wipes.
Unlike baby wipes for dogs, there are multiple factors like supported age, ingredients, and chemicals suitable for dogs. The most versatile wipes check all these boxes. Most dog wipes support dogs 12 months and older, while some are safe for puppies as young as 6 months old. The supported age depends on the mildness of chemicals used and the number of natural ingredients.
Versatility also determines the body parts you can use the wipes on. Most wipes are intended to clean the fur, bum area, and paws, but there are less versatile wipes intended for your dog’s ear, eyes, and face. It’s up to you to decide whether your dog needs a one-for-all solution or a less versatile one to clean ear wax and prevent eye infections.
Most dog wipes use a hypoallergenic and alcohol-free formula. They also come packed skin revitalizing ingredients like Aloe Vera gel, Eucalyptus oil, Hawaiian Awapuhi extract, Vitamin E, Omega 3 fatty acids, and dog-friendly moisturizers. These ingredients help maintain healthy skin and coat.
Premium quality products take it one step further by practicing cruelty-free manufacturing, and avoid using chemicals like:
- Synthetic fragrances
- Skin irritants
Most reputable brands manufacture FDA approved products in USDA and FSIS approved facilities.
Various potpourri and essential oils deemed safe for humans are toxic for pets. These include cinnamon oil, citrus, pine, peppermint, and many others. Apart from natural ingredients, synthetic fragrances are also harmful to dogs.
Therefore, good quality wipes either make fragrance-less wipes or use mild organic fragrances safe for dogs. These include rosemary, apple, and tea leaf scented wipes.
5 Safest Wipes for Dogs
Considering all the above-mentioned factors, we have curated a list of 5 best dog wipes for you. Read our review to choose the right one for your dog.
1. Pogi’s Hypoallergenic Pet Wipes for Dogs
Pogi’s green tea scented wipes are made from all-natural ingredients and intended for cleaning fur and paws. They come in 100, 120, and 240 wipe packs that measure 8″ x 9″, ideal for large breeds with thick fur. Moreover, they avoid chemicals like alcohol, chlorine, parabens, etc. These wipes are intended for quick cleanup in between baths.
These wipes are hypoallergenic and use mild all-natural ingredients which make them suitable for most dogs. Their large size makes them convenient since they make less of a mess. Like other premium wipes, these wipes clean up surface dirt, leaving your dogs fur silky and shiny. However, these wipes stand out from other brands by using a sustainably harvested bamboo bases that easily break down in the environment.
While these wipes are advertised as ideal for dogs with thick fur, customer reviews suggest they’re not great for long-haired dogs.
2. Nature’s Miracle Deodorizing Bath Wipes
No products found.
These deodorizing wipes come in two distinct fragrances: Honey Sage and Spring Water. They use an advanced deep-clean, alcohol-free, and mild formula perfect for cleaning dog coats. This formula allows for a quick clean up of dirt, dander, and bad odors while maintaining a healthy coat. These wipes are suitable for all life stages and offer 25, 100, 900, and 1200 count packs.
Nature’s Miracle has been a trusted brand for pet products for more than 35 years. Their wipes have a mild formula that is safe for dogs and suitable for daily use. Moreover, the deodorizing wet wipes freshen up your dog and restore its shiny coat. The wipes are ideal for cleaning up the bum area and wiping off dirt from fur and paws. What more, these wipes have a moisturizing conditioner that promotes healthy fur and skin.
While there are no complaints regarding the wipes, many reviewers had difficulty opening the packs. In fact, a few had to tear them open using knives.