Is coconut oil good for my dog?
Is coconut oil good for my dog?
Roll over image to zoom in Click on image to zoom
This 100% certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil supports skin health when used topically. When consumed, Coconut Oil helps support digestion, absorption of nutrients, immune function, and a healthy coat. Coconut Oil for dogs can also help to keep teeth clean and may diminish bad breath.
Ingredients: Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. Contains Tree Nuts (Coconut). Guaranteed Analysis per Teaspoon (4.5 g) (All values are minimum unless otherwise noted.)
|*Total Omega-6 Fatty Acids||30 mg|
|*Total Omega-9 Fatty Acids||180 mg|
|*Medium Chain Triglycerides||3000 mg|
|Lauric Acid (C12:0)||1800 mg|
|Capric Acid (C10:0)||265 mg|
|Caprylic Acid (C8:0)||260 mg|
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles. Calorie Content:
Metabolizable Energy (ME) as fed: 9,000 Kcal/kg (41 Kcal per Teaspoon)
|For Topical Use||For Consumption|
|Massage into skin and paws as needed.||Give 1 teaspoon per 10 lbs of body weight per day. Begin with ¼ of the recommended amount and gradually increase to the suggested daily amount. Amounts can be split between AM and PM.|
Payment & Security
Amazon American Express Diners Club Discover JCB Mastercard PayPal Visa
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
27 Amazing Uses For Coconut Oil For Dogs
Coconut oil has many health benefits for people and dogs alike. It’s affordable, easy to use, the fragrance is wonderful, and dogs love it! It’s very versatile and can be used in many ways to improve your dog’s health and appearance. For dogs that are allergic to fish, coconut oil is a great substitution for fish oils and contains less toxins. Coconut oil is healthy for dogs and can be used topically without fear of them becoming sick from licking it off, as well as a healthy supplement to their food.
A few of the health benefits of coconut oil are: Coconut oil is an antioxidant. It’s cholesterol free. It helps with the absorption of minerals in food. It’s an excellent source of medium chain fatty acids that support a healthy immune system and is an excellent source of energy. It protects against heart disease. The Lauric acid in coconut oil is antimicrobial, antiviral, and antifungal. Some of the Amazing Uses for Coconut oil on Dogs:
- A dab of coconut oil can help aid your dog’s digestion.
- Adding to food helps with the absorption of nutrients to keep dogs healthy.
- Moisturize a dry nose with coconut oil.
- Dogs love the taste so add some to the food of finicky eaters.
- Apply to rough paws to moisturize and protect.
- Dab onto itchy hot spots.
- Massage into superficial cuts and scrapes to protect from infection and aid in healing.
- Apply to claws to keep them healthy and looking their shiny best.
- Deodorize your dog’s skin by rubbing into your palms them massaging into the undercoat and skin.
- Apply topically to condition dull, dry fur.
- Add to food to treat dry skin conditions from the inside.
- Supplement your dog’s diet to help keep them at a healthy weight.
- Sooth itchy paws by applying coconut oil to pads and between toes.
- Feed coconut oil to help your dog feel more energetic.
- Supplement in their diet to help with weight loss.
- Add to food to help speed up healing.
- A dose a day helps sooth an overactive immune system and improves allergies.
- Feed and apply externally to dogs that are prone to yeast infections.
- Apply to bug bites to reduce the itch.
- Supplement food to aid in the healing of irritable bowel conditions.
- Feed to reduce hairballs and aids in their elimination.
- Feed your dog a dab of coconut oil with parsley to improve doggy breath.
- Keeps dogs balanced by supporting thyroid health and helping to regulate blood sugar.
- Apply to rashes to aid in healing, sooth, and protect from germs.
- Feed to your dog to keep their mind sharp as it supports brain health.
- Supplement to food to reduce the symptoms of arthritis in aging dogs.
- Keep your dog’s coat beautiful and shiny by feeding daily.
Dosage: 1/4 teaspoon for every 10 pounds of body weight twice daily. When trying coconut oil for the first time, reduce the dose to once a day to make sure your dog tolerates it.