Is Taurus safe for dogs?
The Professional Dog Trainer is a position within the Resort and reports directly to the General Manager. We believe in the mission of “Pet Lovers Delighting Pet Lovers” and we demonstrate this through being Playful, Passionate, Personal and Professional. A successful candidate for this position will be someone who not only embraces this culture, but is a team player, self-motivated, takes direction well, has excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail.This is a service-related industry and you should not only be skilled at customer service, but passionate about helping people. Most importantly, the candidate should have experience with dogs, dog behavior, and knowledge of reward-based training.
A Day In The Life:
This role is so much fun! Daily, you’ll have the opportunity to train new dogs — from puppy age to dogs who need some more reminders. You’ll ask their parents about goals and what they want to solve. You’ll spend time playing detective — observing behaviors of your new friend and solving the mysteries of how to train them best. Eventually, you’ll use the resources we’ve already built to craft a plan for how to train that dog and solve their parent’s concerns. Don’t forget — sometimes you’ll have to train the parents too. You’ll not only communicate with the dog(s), but also have a lot of interaction with mom and dad. You’ll document what you are seeing and offer tips and tricks to solve. And let’s not forget — you’re probably going to scoop some poop, clean up some pee, go home with some fur on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!
- Training with assigned dogs daily
- Prepare training plans to assist clients with behavior modification of pets
- Meet with clients on arrival and departure of pet to discuss training expectations and progress
- Provide enrichment to training dogs
- Document and be able to explain in detail the dog’s behavior and training status for each training session. This is done in-person, through email and video.
- Adhere to LIMA (least intrusive, minimally aversive) training standards in all interactions and training exercises. Exclusive use of positive reinforcement training methods through classical and operant conditioning.
- Run preset class curriculum or develop class curriculum, where applicable
- Maintain highest standards of education in dog training
- Conduct group classes
- Conduct private lessons
- Assist with additional training sessions as needed, including virtual training when asked
- Consult with other departments
- Grow business by making recommendations to current Pet Parents.
- Create content (photos, videos) for social media posting.
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities:
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats. Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be tolerated.
- Customer Service Oriented — Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance. Build trust with customers.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both written and orally, about their dog. Works to make these “lifetime clients”.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and grasping.
- Conflict Resolution — Ability to handle conflict with tact and diplomacy
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as necessary
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily fluids and to get dirty frequently
- Physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications For This Position:
- Knowledge of Operant and Classical Conditioning as it pertains to training dogs preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in training animals or equivalent education is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of dogs, dog behavior, and individual breed characteristics
- CCPDT Certification or the ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Taurus Pets: What do you Need to Know?
Chances are you have a Taurus Pet if you stumbled upon this blog. Did you know that your pet’s zodiac sign actually says a lot about who they are?
In this article, we covered everything you need to know about your Taurus cat or dog
What are the characteristics of a Taurus dog?
As an earth sign, it comes with no surprise that your Taurus dog is extremely connected to the physical world. Depicted by the bull and ruled by Venus, your dog probably LOVES the outdoors.
Taurus dogs can really appreciate nature and being outside. In addition, they are practical and grounded.
Because of this, they thrive with being given tasks. Not tasks just to keep them busy, they’re too practical for that. Taurus dogs need to know there is a reward at the end of it. You could probably teach them to bring you the newspaper every morning.
Besides being one with mother nature, Taurus pups are extremely loyal to you, and rarely leave your side. This personality trait really makes them go the extra mile for you. You could even call them your ride or die, because that is what they are.
However, they don’t joke around. Taurus dogs need stability and reliability in their lives, and expect their humans to provide them with this.
Loving stability and a set routine, it is recommended that you don’t change up their day to day lives and tasks. Literally, do not even dare to place their food bowl somewhere else, they won’t love you for it.
Which also makes them super stubborn, because they quickly attach to things, people, and routines. It makes it hard for them if anything changes.
Don’t let your Taurus pup fool you though, they can be true divas as well. As practical as they are, Taurus dogs will LOVE anything fancy.
So, let your fur baby indulge every one in a while.
The Good Vibrations Harness and Hoopsy leash would be the ULTIMATE gift to treat you and your pup with. Your dog will look so chic wearing the harness, and you will look equally as good walking them with the Hoopsy Leash.
Also, Taurus dogs LOVE to be pampered. Give them a spa-like bath every once in a while using the Merci Collective grooming collection. They will reborn and ready to take on anything that may come their way
Taurus Dogs in Summary:
- Down to Earth
- LOVES a Set Routine
- True Divas who Love Fancy Things
What are the characteristics of a Taurus Cat?
Just like their other halves, the Taurus pups, Taurus cats are nothing short of being true kings and queens.
They enjoy the finer things in life and are not shy to let you know what they do and don’t like.
I apologize for your wallet in advance, because Taurus cats are true food connoisseurs. So, prepare to have a kitty that only opts for the fancy food and treats.
However, they will LOVE you forever when they hear their treat bag open or food bowl being picked up. They truly appreciate the finer things in life, so no need to worry that you are raising a brat.
Taurus cats absolutely love their daily routines and hate for that to be shaken up by their owner. So, do your cat a favor and let them have their set routines.
And, to no surprise here, this earth sign also loves being outdoors and to feel connected to mother earth.
It is recommended that your cat has regular exercise to keep them triggered and motivated, especially in the outdoors. Or else, I can’t guarantee the safety of your furniture.
They are also extremely chill and down to earth, so they do not mind staying in and curl up next to you on a rainy day. Although, they might choose your most expensive blanket as their perfect sleeping spot.
Taurus cats in summary:
- True Kings or Queens
- Appreciate the Finer Things in Life
- Routine Lover
- Down to Earth
What Crystal Best Suits a Taurus Pet?
Smoky Quartz is the PERFECT healing crystal for all the Taurus cats and dogs out there, and they will hugely benefit from its powers.
The Smoky Quartz is all about love and will strengthen the already very present love they have for those they trust.
Taurus Dogs will love the Urban Oasis Water bottle infused with the crystal of your choice.
This is the perfect water bottle for on the go to keep them safe and hydrated at all times, as adventurous and outdoorsy as Taurus pups are anyway. So, this bottle is the perfect solution for both you and your pup.
Taurus Cats will thrive on the Merci Collective Grooming Collection. This is a luxe collection consisting of shampoo, conditioner, and body spray.
Who doesn’t love to be pampered every once in a while?! To top it all off, the shampoo and conditioner have an amazing scent that smells like cucumber and ripe melon.
The body spray is infused with a smell of Japanese Cherry Blossom. It really could not be more luxurious than this.
Fun Facts When it Comes to Taurus Pets
Taurus pets are true earth signs, which might indicate how connected to mother earth they are. This zodiac sign is ruled by the bull.
Friday is their lucky day. Who’s lucky day is it not when it’s the start of the weekend? We at Merci Collective LOVE Fridays. So, why not treat your Taurus Pup to an extra long hike out in nature? Or treat your food connoisseur cat to an amazing Friday supper?